Web operations/system operations with 9+ years of experience
Select Project to Invite
System Engineer with 9+ year’s of experience on maintaining Large Scale Production Systems in Linux Environment, CDN (Content Delivery Network), Apache, DNS, Automations, Apps/System Engineering, Web/DB Administration, strong troubleshooting skills.
2010 - Present
1. Automated routine maintenance tasks, workflows and bugfixes. 2. Prioritized tasks efficiently on a completely dynamic environment, which had varying Business Requirements, Management Escalations and Production Issues. 3. Last line of defense for firefighting production issues. Investigated root causes for incidents, figured out permanent resolutions and tracked them till completion. Setup traps for issues where the root causes are not obvious. 4. Identified all possible service failure points and develop scripts to monitor them. Provided runbooks/tools to NOC team for handling alerts generated by monitoring scripts. 5. Actively participated in all Engineering and Architectural discussions, contributed ideas and proposed solutions for various issues. 6. Collaborated with various other support teams across multiple time zones. 7. Provide L3 Support to all Y! Mail production issues (~40K+ hosts). 8. Responsible for software builds and releases. 9. Responsible for the design and development of builds, build automation and scripts to fully automate build and release infrastructure on Unix/Linux
Asst. Manager - Service Operations
2007 - Present
1. Implemented CDN (Content Delivery Network) for Rediff’s various services. Maintaining, scaling and enhancing the same. 2. Managing 30+ products/services across Rediff including service availability, deployments, capacity planning, troubleshooting and co-ordination with development and product management teams. 3. Datacenter management and ensure service / network availability. 4. Working with all organizational levels to develop and manage project schedules, identify risks and clearly communicate them to project stakeholders. 5. Managing Servers and services, includes Product enhancement, troubleshooting technical flaws, upgrading services. I am also responsible for production support for maintaining the systems developed and resolve the complexities and bugs raised effectively on time. 6. Developed infrastructure scripts and procedures for process automation. 7. Technical assistance from Installation to configuration and troubleshooting of various services like CDN, Homepage, Mypage, Pages, Ads, Moneywiz, Ishare, Searches, Shopping, Q&A, MessageBoard and various other services. 8. Conduct performance and efficiency analyses with a focus on making optimization recommendations. 9. Collect, manage, and analyze all controls and monitoring data 10. Hardening the servers as per the SOX policies. 11. Ensure the maximum availability of the services and capacity planning on the basis of web site performance.
Patni Computer Systems limited
2006 - Present
1. VERITAS NetBackup - Backup Management. 2. Policy Creation for client backups, Configuring Storage Units 3. Performing Catalog Backups for Master and Media server through Veritas NetBackup 4. Backup and Restore of files, Through NetBackup 5.0/5.1 5. Vault Tape rotation on Tape Library L700 6. Troubleshooting any NetBackup Problems in Lynchburg and Raleigh Sun servers 7. Patch Management on Solaris Servers 8. Checking the File system status, Error Messages, CPU, Network and Memory usages in all the Sun Servers 9. Installation and Maintaining of Proftp for secure and restricted login over ftp 10. Creation of User ID’S on the domain controller & Assigning Rights (Permissions) to the users 11. Writing shell scripts. 12. Configuring the SSH (Secure Shell), NTP (Network time Protocol) 13. Checking the Sulog, sudolog files on all the boxes for security
Progressive Infotech Pvt. Ltd.
2005 - Present
1. Requirements and Analysis: Understanding the requirements of the client and act as a sole functional resource. 2. Involved in Maintaining of site, which has 400+ various types of servers. 3. Co-ordination with different vendors to insure smooth operation of servers with minimal downtime. 4. Installation and maintenance of Linux and windows servers on various types of hardware such as HP, IBM and various other assembled servers. 5. Administration of the Linux and windows servers. 6. Defining local security policies on windows servers. 7. File system management on Linux and Windows. 8. Writing shell scripts. 9. Monitoring the servers, services through Nagios and various shell scripts. 10. Taking backups on tapes. 11. Ensure a timely support, managing the team size of 8 support engineers.
CMS COMPUTERS Ltd
2004 - Present
1. Desktop/server management, network administration (LAN). 2. Maintaining of enterprise setup of windows 2000/XP/Linux, LAN, IPLC, Secured Internet access using proxy. 3. Maintaining Firewall (NETSCREEN 50), natting, defining ports and defining rules for trusted and untrusted networks. 4. Administration of FTP and Proxy servers on Linux 9.0. 5. Managing ADS, DNS, DHCP, Squid proxy, FTP. 6. Designing and analyzing security for different users and groups on the server. 7. Installing and configuring various servers with RAID-5. 8. Managing L3/L2 switches, creating VLAN’s, routing etc. Working experience with Cisco routers. 9. Scheduling and taking backups on tape drives.